Saturday, May 1, 2010

Olivia

Dear Livi,
You were born one year ago today. At 8 lbs 8 oz and 20 inches long, you were a chunk... an adorable chunk. I'm not sure why you were so big, because your momma is not.You entered this world and immediately found a place in all of our hearts. Your unexplainable, pure love helped me get through some rough bumps in life. From the moment your eyes opened, you have curiously, innocently, enthusiastically observed this world. Your smile makes my heart melt. When I first held you, I couldn't believe I got to be your aunt. I am so lucky. You are a special spirit, and all who associate you can sense that the moment they lay eyes on you.
Although you only lived by us for about three months, we luckily got to Skype with you. You were so easy to get one of those big grins out of. You helped me smile more easily. You play peek-a-boo with us. It helps me learn to appreciate the small, simple things. When you visited us with your mommy and daddy on Christmas, we walked all around the house, with you grasping my fingers in your tiny hands. It was so much fun.
Thank you for your love for me and acceptance of me the way I am. You help me be a better person in countless ways. I love you so much. I am so lucky and proud to be your aunt. Happy first birthday, Livi-girl!
Love,
Aunt Jennifer

2 comments:

MZ said...

Nice post Jenn! Both your nieces have a special place in their hearts for you!

Celisa said...

Thanks for posting this Jenn! Livi sure loves you. You are a wonderful aunt (and sister-in-law)! :)