Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Snow is Melting!!!

Wow. And to think I was anxiously waiting for the first snowfall only two months ago.

After the snow falling constantly for about three days every other week, I declare I am officially tired of the snow.
For a while, anyway.

Snow, snow, go away, don't come back another day!

Sun, my old friend! How nice to see you for a complete TWO days!!! YES! The temperature has been at 50 degrees for THREE DAYS STRAIGHT!!!

Rain, how have you been? This is the first time I've seen you for what, a YEAR?

Are you two up to the job of cleaning up the constant 15+ inches of snow on our grass? Of locking the snow up and stopping it from ruining my spring fever completely?

Of stopping me from being COMPLETELY ANXIOUS for the first day of spring, which happens to be on my BIRTHDAY?

Maybe that's why I have such a spring fever this year- because my birthday falls on the first day of spring. That would explain why last year I was so happy when it kept dumping snow on us until the end of April, beginning of May- my birthday was on the last day of winter.

This is the first time I've ever envied the people living on the other side of the street- they get direct sunlight, so they can see most of their grass!

NOTE: Thanks for bearing with me as I vented my feelings, guys.

3 comments:

Karen said...

AMEN, bring on the sunshine, grass and flowers.... I'm ready

MZ said...

I'm with you on that one--bring on the sun!

Anonymous said...

I would get sick of the snow too! Although, it is fun to play in once in a while!